Tuesday, 17 December 2013

Obsession

Bismillah.

To cover things up, I've been spending some time, about two weeks or so having free time and giving myself a new hobby.

Music.

Music has always always been part of my life. Who doesn't like music? OK maybe there are some who don't; there's a condition in the brain where some people are born musicophobic.Or are not musically inclined. Or just tone deaf. Or just. are. not. into. music.

I've been practicing piano since I was 7. And ever since, I learnt that not many Malay girls can play the piano. And it sort of became an identity for me. Enter high school, I didn't have much time to practice for my piano, failed my piano exam, started learning guitar. The basic strumming. Just enough so that I can sing Taylor Swift songs when I'm really down. But, I met basketball back then and I didn't focus much on music for some years to come.

And so.. for about 4 or 5 years, I alternated between piano and guitar. Not learning much but I just learnt some really favorite songs over the years. Like To Zanarkand and City. Ok. Really, that's just it. I was really into basketball back then. It became, an obsession for me.

And now, after Masum, and with winter, and Scotland.. has cut the ties for me with balling. I've accepted the fact. I had my run and it was a good one. It was then I realized, I missed my piano that much. So, bought a keyboard, just to cure some of the 'missing syndrome' (shared the money with a friend), and here we are; a keyboard in my flat.

Truthfully, it was a hard decision for me to make. To buy or not. This keyboard. But I'm glad I did. Like I said; rindu. 

Living in Glasgow, I met some other people who were, as desperate as I am. Finding new obsessions, and hobbies. (And I'm not sure if this is a good thing or not sebab yes kadang2 tersyok sangat jamming, jadi lalai) But it sure has become the new thing for me. Or just coming back. Then, I found a mash-up software pulak. I know definitely I could be reading so many other books now but I've been spending my time rediscovering my piano, music, playing all the songs I wanted to, been keeping and saving since undergraduate times.

I'm still far from youtube celebrities. Haha. Sometimes they're so good they even make me feel like I wanna stop trying. But music has always been just for me. I just haven't found anybody who has the same appreciation for the kind of music I like. Yet.  

No comments:

Post a Comment