Friday, 7 February 2014

I meant to write this a week ago

In the Name of Allah, THE Most Gracious, Merciful, Able and Great.


A week ago, I went to Istanbul with my high-school friends, Najah and Feefa. It was the trip to remember and oh for so many reasons.

We are turning 25, single, finishing our studies insya Allah by the end of this year and we are, miles and miles away from home. 

The reason why I wrote this: Was a message to our remaining, tight-knit, close friends in Malaysia.

It is what we (what I felt, at least) when we were together. 
Istanbul, was beautiful for me because of the people. They were nice, generally speaking for all Turkish people, (we met good ones during our trip). It was most beautiful because of my friends.
And we stayed at the dormitories. So we got a feeling of high-school all over again. And before we doze off to sleep, we talk and did so many funny things like we used to when we were studying together back in high-school.

One of the topics were, that you guys, (girls) are getting married when we're still here. 
And that we're missing out on the conversation all the time because of both time difference and our hectic schedule. This time, I'm not crapping around, it's so busy, we forget to eat. 

Being friends, with my girls in high-school has been THE best experience of my childhood. And for girls like us, it is only imperative that we dream of bachelorette parties, gushing over wedding dresses, the last single-ism hugs, watching that akad, realizing that you're gonna lose part of your girlfriend to a guy, a great guy that's gonna marry and take care of her. And you realize, you can't kidnap her from her house for burgers or mamak or karoke anytime you want to anymore.

You realize, she's going to be someone's wife. And your argument is now invalid. 
You're still friends, good, close friends but lets face it.
 We're all heading our own ways sometime later in our lives.

And I wish, more than anything that I could be part of this big step in your (you guys know who you are) lives especially in this big, big, BIG moment. It's not like its happening tomorrow but you get what I mean.

Us, here, we think about 'that special someone' most of the time too. But we're okay. For now. Ha Ha.
We, will do our best, wherever we are, to pray for your happiness.. and our friendship.

To all the stupid, sweet and unforgettable memories we had, and ones we're gonna make in the future.

And this is a Rumi poetry that Najah once told me,
She said: Niat itu penting. Saidina Ali pernah cancel nak bunuh opponent dalam perang sebab opponent dia ludah kat dia. Dia takut dia bunuh sebab marah. 
Najah used a particular sentence at the end of this poetry that describes the friendship with my long high-school friends, perfectly. 

It is the one highlighted and italic at the end of this poetry.

To the ones I miss back home.

Ali in Battle-Rumi

Learn from Ali how to fight
without your ego participating.

God's Lion did nothing
that didn't originate
from his deep center.

Once in battle he got the best of a certain knight
and quickly drew his sword. The man,
helpless on the ground, spat
in Ali's face. Ali dropped his sword,
relaxed, and helped the man to his feet.

"Why have you spared me?
How has lightning contracted back
into its cloud? Speak, my prince,
so that my soul can begin to stir
in my like an embryo."

Ali was quiet and then finally answered,
"I am God's Lion, not the lion of passion.
The sun is my lord. I have no longing
except for the One.

When a wind of personal reaction comes,
I do not go along with it.

There are many winds full of anger,
and lust and greed. They move the rubbish
around, but the solid mountain of our true nature
stays where it's always been.

There's nothing now
except the divine qualities.
Come through the opening into me.

Your impudence was better than any reverence,
because in this moment I am you and you are me.

I give you this opened heart as God gives gifts:
the poison of your spit has become
the honey of friendship.

No comments:

Post a Comment